Licensing for Teen Drivers
If your teenager has not had Drivers Education you may go to
to take the course. This is the same as the in-classroom & very user friendly.
To obtain a Virginia learner's permit & Teenage Temporary DRIVERS LICENSE
If you are under the age of 18:
- You must be at least 15yrs & 6 months
- You must hold the learner's permit for at least 9 months or until you turn 19.
- You must provide proof of your successful completion of a state-approved 36 hours driver education program.
- Your parent or guardian must certify that you have driven at least 45 hours, 15 of which occurred after sunset
- You must complete 14 in-car instruction periods, 7 periods of driving and 7 periods of observation. Each period is 50 minutes.
- Upon successful completion of in-car instruction, you will be exempt from road skills testing by the DMV. We at Another Way Driving School will issue you a 180 Day = (6) six-month temporary drivers license Not DMV you will not have to go to them for anything!
- The minimum age for obtaining a Virginia driver's license is 16 sixteen years and 3 three month
Visit the DMV website for the 45 hour parenting driving log here...
To address traffic crashes involving teenagers, action was taken by the Virginia General Assembly to require parents, foster parents, or guardians to certify that their children have driven motor vehicles for at least 45 hours, 15 of which must be after sunset, before they are eligible for a provisional driver’s license.
To obtain a Virginia driver's licenses
If you are age 19 or older:
If you have never held a drivers license issued by any state or foreign country, you must provide proof of your successful completion of a state-approved 36 hours driver education program or you must have held a learner's permit for at least 60 days before taking the road skills test.
For additional info visit the Virginia DMV Licensing site: http://www.dmvnow.com/webdoc/citizen/drivers/applying.asp